Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an 8-week course that cultivates mindfulness skills and explores common and unique life-challenges within a safe, supportive group learning environment. By sharing challenges, successes and obstacles, individuals within groups tap a deep well of resources, enhanced by a variety of backgrounds and life experiences. MBSR is a skill building course, and although it can be therapeutic, it is not therapy. If you are interested in taking an upcoming MBSR course, you must first attend a free initial introductory session with the teacher to make sure the program is right for you.
Each participant in the course will receive:
- 24 total hours of instruction in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, which includes carefully sequenced mindfulness exercises, guided meditations, group discussions, and mindful movement
- Weekly handouts to reinforce the learning and provide support and reminders for home practice
- Weekly homework assignments
- Between session support from the teacher
- Access to all meditation audio recordings
Join Qualified MBSR teacher Lisa Pinsker, MA for the following 2018 course offerings:
- 8 Tuesday evenings from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm March 20th – May 8th with daylong retreat April 28th at Mindfulness Matters Event Space in Fairway, KS (exact address provided upon registration – space is limited to 6 registrants in this intimate venue – Enroll here).
- 8 Saturday mornings from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm June 2 – July 28 with daylong retreat July 8th at Sastun Center in Overland Park. Deadline to enroll is May 26. (Enroll here)
Attendance of a free introductory session or a no-fee individual consultation (call 913-789-9696 to schedule) is required prior to registering for the course:
- March 14th from 6:30 – 8:00 pm at Old Mission United Methodist Church, 5519 State Park Rd., Fairway, KS 66205 (sign up here)
- May 19th from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm at Sastun Center 10875 Grandview St. Overland Park, KS 66210 (sign up here)
$450.00 for MAM Members, $495.00 Non-Members