revolution from the inside out
Private Mindfulness Mentoring
Would you prefer the individualized one-on-one attention of a private mindfulness mentor? Our trained and experienced mindfulness teachers are available for private appointments online via Zoom or in person in the Peace Pod to work with you on integrating the attitudes and practices of mindfulness into your daily life. Click on the photo of the teacher to learn more about them and contact them about private mentoring.
Mask Wearing Policy
The research-based “herd immunity threshold” for COVID-19 through vaccination (60% of the population) has been exceeded in Johnson County, KS for adults 18 and older. Though masking is still required by our building manager in the common areas of our building, including our waiting room, masking is now optional in the Peace Pod. Of course, we encourage people who aren’t fully vaccinated to continue masking beyond this threshold to mitigate increased risk and we support continued masking indefinitely, according to personal needs and comfort levels. Our classes will continue to be offered both online and in-person so that folks can attend according to their comfort level and convenience.
- David Treleaven’s website offers tips and advice for making mindfulness safe and effective for
people who’ve experienced trauma
- Meditating in Safety is site dedicated to raising awareness of adverse effects in meditation, offering guidelines on recognizing problems, how to seek help, and how teachers/retreat leaders can provide appropriate first aid and give support to the students affected in this way
- Cheetah House is a non-profit organization that provides information and resources about meditation-related difficulties to meditators-in-distress and providers or teachers of meditation-based modalities
- Meditation Safety Toolbox – official curricula and implementation guidelines, informed consent, screening instruments from the UMASS, Oxford and Bangor mindfulness centers, as well as a folder of research and other resources updated monthly to stay current on new developments
- Lost in Oblivion – An Exploration of Adverse Meditation Experiences: A meditation teachers description and explanation of a number of adverse experiences and some suggestions on how to work with them