Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) is an 8-week, research-based course that combines cognitive behavior therapy skills with mindfulness attitudes and practices to help participants relate differently to their inner experiences. It is an empirically supported approach to helping to prevent the relapse of chronic depression and it is also proving useful with anxiety.
MBCT is a skill building course meant to complement psychological treatment, and should not be considered a standalone therapy. If you are interested in taking an upcoming MBCT course, you must first register for a free initial consultation with the teacher to make sure the program is right for you. You can register online or securely email the teacher to schedule your consultation appointment.
Each participant in the course will receive:
- 20 total hours of instruction in MBCT, which includes carefully sequenced experiential exercises, guided meditations, group discussions, and mindful movement practices;
- A workbook with weekly handouts to reinforce the learning and provide support for home practice;
- Weekly home practice assignments;
- Access to all meditation audio recordings
- A parting gift to help participants sustain a mindfulness practice after the course ends
- Free participation in any future MBCT retreats sponsored by the course teacher
Upcoming Offerings: Join Certified MBCT teacher, Tracy Ochester, PsyD, RYT-200
- Spring: 8 Wednesdays May 6, 13, 20, 27 & June 3, 10, 17, 24 + Retreat Saturday June 13th. Deadline to enroll is Wednesday April 29th.
- Fall: 8 Wednesdays October 14, 21 & 28, November 4, 11, & 18 (no class 11/25), December 2 & 9 + ½ day retreat Saturday November 14th. Deadline to enroll is Wednesday October 7th.
Fees are based on a sliding scale according to after tax household income. MAM members receive a discounted rate. Those who are able to pay more make it possible for providers to serve those with less.
|Net Household Income||Fee|
|$75 – 99,999||$650|
|$50 – 74,999||$600|
Make-up classes and refunds are not available for missed classes in the series. Payment in full is due by the course deadline and there are no refunds after this date. MAM requires a minimum of 6 registrants per MBI to hold class. Classes with fewer than 6 will be cancelled with options for rescheduling into open classes. In the event that the course is cancelled, you will receive a full refund of the registration fee, but refunds will not be provided for any pre-arranged transportation, accommodations or other miscellaneous expenses.
Continuing Education Credits:
Taking this course as a participant fulfills one of the requirements for becoming a Certified MBCT Teacher. MO & KS licensed mental health professionals can earn up to 20 continuing education units by participating in this course. MBCT is offered in partnership with Ochester Psychological Services, LLC, which manages payment and maintains all documents and records for this course.
Not sure which Mindfulness Based Program (MBP) is right for you? Watch our pre-recorded Intro to MBPs session to learn about the various programs and sample some of the practices.