Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an 8-week course designed specifically for those experiencing high level stress, pain and illness. MBSR cultivates mindfulness skills and explores common and unique life-challenges within a safe, supportive group learning environment. Participants completing the course consistently report reduced physical and psychological symptoms including improvement in pain-related anxiety, depression, perception of painful sensations, improved attention and memory, and increased positive affect. MBSR is a skill building course, and although it can be therapeutic, it is not therapy. Each participant in the course will receive:
- 20 total hours of instruction in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, which includes carefully sequenced mindfulness exercises, guided meditations, group discussions, and mindful movement
- Weekly handouts to reinforce the learning and provide support and reminders for home practice
- Weekly homework assignments
- Between session support from the teacher
- Access to all meditation audio recordings
- 8 Tuesdays March 3 – April 21, 2020 7-9 pm & Retreat Saturday April 11 from 9 am – 1 pm with Erik Hulse
- 8 Tuesdays starting October 13th, 2020 from 7-9 pm + half day retreat Nov. 14th from 9 am – 1 pm with Erik Hulse
- Especially for Men Course with Erik Hulse & Sydney Spears, PhD designed to address some of the societal norms around ideals of maleness and masculinity: Next offering TBA for 2021 – read more here
Fees: (click to purchase your pass(es) then visit the calendar to register for the course you’d like to attend – deadline to enroll is one week before the program starts)
$495 for non-members – purchase your pass here
$450 for members – purchase your pass here
Once you’ve registered, a free introductory phone session with the teacher is required to make sure the course is right for you. Contact the teacher for the course you wish to attend.
Make-up classes and refunds are not available for missed classes in the series. Payment in full is due by the course deadline (one week before the course begins) and there are no refunds after this date. MAM requires a minimum of 6 registrants per MBI to hold class. Classes with fewer than 6 will be cancelled with options for rescheduling into open classes. In the event that the course is cancelled, you will receive a full refund of the registration fee, but refunds will not be provided for any pre-arranged transportation, accommodations or other miscellaneous expenses.
MBSR is offered in partnership with the teachers of each course who maintain full responsibility for the teaching and content of their course.
Continuing Education Credits:
Taking the 8-week MBSR course is the first step in becoming an MBSR teacher. 20 continuing education credits are available for this course for MO & KS licensed mental health providers.
Not sure which Mindfulness Based Program (MBP) is right for you? Watch our pre-recorded Intro to MBPs session to learn about the various programs and sample some of the practices.