revolution from the inside out
For Teachers and Aspiring Teachers
Are you offering the practices and attitudes of mindfulness to those you work with or serve – or are you interested in doing so? The Midwest Alliance for Mindfulness (MAM) sponsors training and continuing education events for current and aspiring professionals. These offerings are enjoyed at a significant discount to our professional members and MAM is an approved continuing education provider through the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board.
- 200-Hour Mindfulness Teacher Training Certificate Program
- Mindfulness for Mental Health Professionals Certificate Program
- Continuing Education Programs
- Mindfulness Based Programs Mentoring toward Certification
Training for mindfulness teachers generally includes participation in the course one wishes to teach, a strong and consistent personal practice including attending teacher led silent mediation retreats, basic and/or intensive teacher training in the course one wishes to teach, mentoring by an approved provider, and a minimum level of teaching experience.
Other Teacher Training Programs Throughout the US
- UCSD Center for Mindfulness: Mindfulness-Based Professional Training Institute
- Centre for Mindfulness Studies (Toronto, Canada): Professional Development Programs
- UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center: Training in Mindfulness Facilitation
- UMASS Medical School Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Healthcare & Society: Oasis Institute for Mindfulness-Based Professional Education
- Brown University School of Public Health Mindfulness Center
- Stanford Medicine Center for Compassion & Altruism Research & Education Compassion Cultivation Training Teacher Training Program
- Engaged Mindfulness Institute IMTA accredited teacher training with an emphasis on bringing trauma-informed mindfulness to underserved and at-risk communities
- Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute Teacher Training Program
- Unified Mindfulness Learning Platform CORE Training Program by Shinzen Young
- Sounds True Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program with Jack Kornfield & Tara Brach
Mindfulness Teacher Training & Best Practices
- The Meditation Safety Training Toolbox contains documents, protocols and best practice guidelines from the UMASS Center for Mindfulness, Bangor and Oxford Mindfulness Centers, and other mindfulness researchers.
- Adverse Experiences Guide – Cheetah House is a non-profit organization that provides information and resources about meditation-related difficulties to meditators-in-distress and providers or teachers of meditation-based modalities.